To program or not to program, that is the question. It’s a confusing topic for many people. You’re not alone. The thermostat itself is often an overlooked area of the home. It’s the main character of your HVAC systems that’s often only talked about like it’s a supporting role. Today, we want to take some time to help you understand everything you need to know about your thermostat.
Are you one of the many people out there who don’t want to program their thermostat? We understand this hesitation. Many people don’t want to deal with new, complex technology and potentially mess up their comfort. While this is understandable, we’re going to do our absolute best to bridge any divides and make it easy for you.
The Ins and Outs of Programming Your Thermostat
Let’s talk about the ins and outs of programming a thermostat and your air conditioning in Paradise, TX.
The Benefits of Programming Your Thermostat
- Better Comfort: You want to be comfortable at home, but there are considerable gaps in your comfort. You know what we’re referring to—those mornings where you don’t want to peel yourself out of bed and let your feet hit the cold floor to make your way to your thermostat. Programming your thermostat eliminates this.
- Precision: Programmable thermostats let you choose the right temperature for you and match it to your schedule.
- Cost Savings: You’re not going to waste time with a programmed thermostat. It comes on exactly when you want it to, runs for a precise duration, and turns off exactly when you want it to.
When Upgrades Are Necessary
You need a thermostat that’s at least digital to be able to program the unit. While most digital units suffice (some are bare-bones and use up and down toggles), we suggest taking it a step further with a smart or Wi-fi thermostat.
Smart and Wi-Fi thermostats are the thermostat that we stand by because they’re energy-efficient, effective, and intuitive.
One of our favorite aspects of these thermostats is that “intuitive” attribute. It’s the best aspect for the customer. A smart or Wi-Fi thermostat lets you sidestep lots of user errors. You won’t have to worry about ever forgetting to turn your AC off before leaving the house or arriving home to a stuffy space. You can think of these units as taking programming a step up by allowing you to do it anywhere.
Smart thermostats take it a step further by learning how you like to operate your home and then helping you find ways to save energy. If you’re looking for suggestions on how to find the best thermostat for your home, you can talk to our professionals about it.
How to Program a Thermostat
So how do you program your thermostat? It’s really a lot simpler than you might think.
Each model has different requirements, but generally speaking, you’re going to do the following:
- Choose your heating or cooling setting.
- Set a temperature for each weekday. For example, let’s say that you want your air conditioner to start cooling off your home in the morning during each weekday so you can be cool while you’re getting ready. You’d set your thermostat for 72°F at 7 a.m. for each weekday. Set your thermostat for weekdays in the same manner.
- Save your settings.
Bonus Tip: We suggest that you program your thermostat to 78°F in the summer and 68°F in the winter. These are energy-efficient temperatures that will help you save money.
Contact Don’s AC Service, Inc for the air conditioning services you need at home.